Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Feeling exhausted but happy

Two days ago I couldn't sleep, ended up staying up all night and catching four hours of sleep the next morning. I had a paper due at midnight for my Reference class yesterday and as usual, I waited till the last minute to start it. I wasn't even sure exactly how I was supposed to get the info for the paper until I actually sat down and thoroughly looked at the assignment sheet and part of last week's lecture. Thankfully, it only took me about 3 1/2 hours to complete and I turned it in by 8:30pm. Needless to say I was exhausted after only getting 4-5 hours sleep and then stressing out about the paper. I slept for over 11 hours and feel groggy, but much better than yesterday. I got another Indian cookbook from the library, as well as an audiobook of The Hobbit, which I've started that today in the car. It's kind of random because it is a BBC Dramatization so it's full cast doing the book like an everyday conversation and some of the things they said in there, I don't know if it's the book or stuff they've made up on the spot. I haven't read the book since high school so my memory is a bit foggy. But I like it so far. The parts I keep remembering from the book are the 70s cartoon version (and again, not sure how close it is since I haven't watched it since high school).

I finally caught up on reading for my Research class, and managed to make one blog post for it. Oh, I forgot to talk about it on this one. It's a research journal for the class, whose main project is putting together a research proposal at the end of the semester, which will be on foster children and their reading/library use. It will go into what may affect the foster kids, like constant movement, Foster Parent/Biological parents' education, if the FP/Bio parent read to them and/or encouraged reading, and if they go to the library and if not how to encourage them to go. Luckily we just have to write the proposal and not carry it out, though I would like to in the future after I have a job in a public library. So the blog is basically where we record about things we read, things we need to ask, and where others comment about our thoughts. Here's the address: http://705lrp.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment