Saturday, December 18, 2010

C.S. Lewis and reminiscing with the 90's

So today has been rather random. I woke up at 7:15am and went back to sleep at 10 with my hubby. Then later that afternoon we went to Moes for what I thought of, at least, as some pretty awesome burritos. Afterwards, I had wandered onto Facebook again and found this cool Flash Mob Impromptu Opera performance that the Tel Aviv Opera company did in a Food Market, which led to Random Act of Culture performances with a violin quartet and two tango artists (which was pretty cool), which led to other Flash Mob videos. Eventually I found a couple of cool dad-daughter wedding videos, where they mixed sappy songs with 1990s Hip Hop, like MC Hammer's Can't Touch This or Boyz II Men's Motown Philly, the second of which is possibly my favorite song ever from middle school. Yes I know this totally dates me, but whatever. So I've been listening to groups from the 90s/2000, such as TLC's Red Light District, Zhane's Hey Mr. DJ and D'Angelo's How Does It Feel. D'Angelo was a good looking man in that video, very flirty, and was a shame that he got thrown in jail for doing something so stupid. But that sort of thing seems to happen all the time in the music world.

I started reading C.S. Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia series, as I have all 7 books in one volume. I am enjoying it so far. I've gotten through The Magician's Nephew and The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, both of which I thought were excellent. I also read The Horse and His Boy, which wasn't very good. I am ready to start Prince Caspian and am hoping that it is better than the last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment