Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Freak out and Book Awards

So I have been writing this blog since last fall and the purpose is mostly so I have something else to do, as I was unemployed during the time and had a lot of free time. I also like to post about libraries, books and what it is like for a library school student/graduate trying to find a job. True, I have not been as diligent in the last month or so as I have been rather distracted with finishing up school and real life in general. I am hoping to correct that in the future. I was just psyched when I came on my blog to figure out which episode of Kekkaishi anime I am on, and instead I noticed I had a comment on my last YA book review from Mary Hoffman herself, the author of the Stravaganza series and many other wonderful books that I discovered in 2010!! Needless to say, that is way cool, so I commented on her blog after a nice post about saving libraries in the UK from funding cuts.

I know this list has been out for over a week and I apologize for not posting it earlier. The ALA released the awards list for youth books, videos, and audiobooks. I'm sorry to say that I've not read any of the books yet, with the exception of Will Grayson, Will Grayon which won the Stonewall Children & Young Adult Literature Award, but I will amend that as I continue to work in the children's room and have time to pick up more books.

No comments:

Post a Comment