Monday, November 8, 2010

*KarmaTube*

We all know YouTube right? Well I was browsing my email and once again the geniuses at Skirt! magazine had sent me another brilliant link, this time from a website called KarmaTube. The description on the website says that it is "a collection of short, 'do something' videos coupled with simple actions that every viewer can take. Our mission is to spread the good." 

Now the reason I went to this website was for this virtual choir video, where this guy Eric Whitacre sent out free copies of his musical work Lux Arumque via the internet and 185 random people sent in videos of themselves singing individual parts, which he then put together to create this wonderful music video. The music itself is so sublime (I am a former church and recreational choir member so I know what I'm talking about), but the fact that he got 185 strangers to cooperate is just amazing. I would be be very interested to hear more of his work. The other one that I really liked was this video about a non-verbal autistic girl who was able to talk through a computer. She is very inspirational, and I passed it along to my social worker friends as an example of the what kids can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment