Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sad to say a cool day here is 87 degrees F...and something I look forward to

I have been keeping myself pretty busy here, relatively speaking. I have seen two movies, Thor, which was visually gorgeous and had a fine Australian main actor to boot and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, which I originally didn't want to see but it ended up being entertaining anyways. It was your basic summer holiday fluff like Thor was but that's okay. I am looking forward to watching the new X-Men: First Class coming out in June, and of course the end of the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2. 


I had another doctor's appointment this week and everything seems to be progressing well with the baby. I feel swollen up like a balloon though, my most pregnant ever, and my dad teases me about waddling. You would waddle too if your stomach was as round and in the way as mine is. My mom took pictures of me to send to my family, and I'll probably send some to my friends just so they can get an update. I've been bad about taking photos during this pregnancy and have only really done two, one at 6 1/2 months and one now at 7 1/2 (I count via calendar months, i.e. 4 weeks not the more traditional 4.4 weeks like we're supposed to). Anyways, I'm now 32 weeks. A friend of a friend who is also pregnant (about a month ahead of me I think) has gone into early labor as of last night so hopefully we'll see some pictures of her little girl soon. 


I finally got all the paperwork together to apply for Medicaid here and after 4 hours of waiting at the Access office, I am covered! Just waiting for my card in the mail and I still have to call some people to verify which plan I am using. Now at least I can fill out the pre-registration paperwork for the hospital. We had done a maternity tour of the hospital two weeks ago and I am really impressed. I must say that that was one of the things I was most worried about, as I'm pretty sure the hospital in SC wasn't that modern, but the women's center in this hospital was built in 2002 and has been updated since then. They seem to take really good care of you there and even the hospital rooms don't look scary and sterile. I'm planning on signing up for a labor and childbirth class at the hospital to take with my hubby, so I won't be completely in the dark. I mean I know basic stuff, but always good to know more about it. I'm also wanting to take the free infant CPR class that they are offering, as that will always be something handy to know. I have to pack my hospital bag this week as the woman going into early labor puts that into better perspective. Having a friend who has recently had a baby helps a lot in figuring out things like what to pack in the overnight bag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment