Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 1: My favorite song

30 Days, 30 Songs
So for the first day, we have my favorite song. I will say first it is impossible for me to limit it down to one song out of all the ones I've ever listened to, so I will pick one of my favorites. 


Day 1 - My Favorite Song: The Raveonettes - Love in a Trashcan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRUqpgg-8Ps


I discovered this Danish band my first time around in grad school, at St. Andrews. My next door neighbor and friend Nikolaj, was Korean-Danish and bought me their latest album at the time, Chain Gang of Love, for my birthday because I had admired their first album. This song is off their third album Pretty in Black, which I bought for myself after I came back to the States. They are such a crazy mix of new and old rock that you can't help but listen to them. I've missed seeing them live, but I know it would be an awesome show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment