Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 5: A song that reminds you of someone and Day 6: A song that reminds you of somewhere

I'm a bit behind on songs, but I figured I would do my two now that I have thought of which ones to use. Day 5's song reminds me of my husband John when we were dating, and he was still living in England. The Darkness started out as a Led Zepplin cover band, but morphed into something more. Most of their album's Permission to Land and One Way Ticket to Hell...and Back were filled with songs that we both were listening to on opposite sides of the ocean. Yes they are corny, but they are fun to listen to. 


Day 5 - A song that reminds me of someone: The Darkness - Girlfriend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO5x8FW-Hu4


Day 6's song is a bit of an odd choice, but true. I never listened to Bruce Springsteen at all growing up, I was more interested in hip-hop and defying my parents mostly. But the one place that I did eventually listen to this song was in Italy, specifically Florence/Firenze when I was doing my study abroad my junior year in university and it was just the beginning of the 80s revival that lasted from about 2001-2005 or so depending who you ask and where you are. I thought it was hilarious and a bit ironic that they were playing it in the American club in Italy.


Day 6 - A song that reminds me of somewhere: Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHc9PE-Fftc

No comments:

Post a Comment