Sunday, March 6, 2011

Distracted by real life...

So my life is usually pretty boring, I'll admit that. Not much going on now except being pregnant and trying to find a more permanent job (not very successfully I will add). At least we now know what I am having for sure: It's a boy! So I can at least pick out colors for the room/baby clothes. Honestly the hardest thing about this, aside from not having the room for said baby things, is the selection. Baby boy's clothes are on the whole not as attractive as girl's clothes, in that there aren't as much cute variations. Unless of course you have unlimited funds, which we don't.  I do like that there are dinosaurs and zoo animals, though giraffes tend to be neutral (for boys and girls). 

My pregnancy is half over. This is both a good and bad thing. Good because we will have the baby, and bad because I will be thrust into parenthood at alarming speed, which is something I'm not sure I'm 100% prepared for. I'm not sure anyone is really ready when they have a kid, I think it is more of a "you are thrust into the situation and you learn to adapt" kind of thing. At least this is what I have observed from other people, including my family members. I am excited that the baby is finally coming, but scared that I won't be good enough. For me, what makes things more complicated is being so far away from friends and family, and only being able to talk to them via phone or internet. I'm thinking I need to join a Mom's group in Columbia, so I can get to know some people. 


To detract from my over-worrying about everything, I thought I would include this funny video I found today about naming your babies, which has also recently been on another friend's blog. I'm not sure if everyone knows about the vblog brothers, YA author John Green and his brother Hank who weekly post videos on YouTube to each other, but I think they are hilarious. In John Green's post proceeding this one, he discusses five funny real names of people in the US and Hank's response is to post this video about how to name your children, according to seven rules (which he outlines).

No comments:

Post a Comment