Sunday, August 22, 2010

One of my favorite food blogs

I, as you might have noticed from my blog list, like quite a few food blogs. One of my favorites is Culinary Concoctions by Peabody because she has the most decadent looking desserts and as she says in this CNN article, "I will admit that my baked goods are usually a little over the top and can cause your thighs to expand just from looking at the photos, but if you eat healthy the rest of the time, it all balances out in the end." That being said, how can you avoid drooling over things like Friday's offering (Tira-Me So Hot to Bake Sundaes), or the Bananas Foster Sticky Buns, Soft Pretzel Salted Caramel Bread Pudding or even Because I Can Cadbury Creme Eggs Cupcakes.


She not only has gorgeous tasting and looking food on her blog, but also funny stories to go along with them, which makes them a joy to read. One of my favorite posts of hers was from when she was baking the Double Stuff Oreo-Chocolate Chip Shortbread and writes about her brother and her dad's least favorite phrase. I've only tried one of the recipes she posted, the WW Peanut Butter Cookies due to the fact that I've had no time to bake them, but maybe with my current unemployment, I could try my hand at a few. Maybe I could do one of the less complicated recipes like the Bananas Foster Bread Pudding with Sauce, Roasted Onion and Gorgonzola Soup, Bacon & Two Cheese Quiche, or the Dulce de Leche-Cashew Thumbprint Cookies. In any case, they all sound good.

1 comment: