Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fight for libraries as you do freedom

Found another great opinion piece article from one of my Facebook groups entitled Fight for libraries as you do freedom written by an Atlanta novelist. I think she had some great points in the article such as: "This is why the funding of American libraries should be a matter of national security. Keeping libraries open, giving access to all children to all books is vital to our nation’s sovereignty," and "We need to shift our national view of libraries not as luxuries, but as necessities," and especially this quote "Libraries are the backbone of our educational infrastructure, and they are being slowly broken by bankrupt municipalities and apathetic politicians. As voters and taxpayers, we have to demand that our local governments properly prioritize libraries." Amen sister, I totally agree with you, hence why I support my local library and am becoming a librarian. 

No comments:

Post a Comment