Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 25-27

Luckily I listen to a lot of comedy albums so this is a pretty easy one. I have a lot of favorites, especially with British comedians, but since I've already mentioned Tim Minchin, I'll pick someone else. I started watching Monty Python in high school I think, and I still think they're hilarious, even though my English husband doesn't find them that funny.  

Day 25 - A song that makes me laugh: Monty Python and the Holy Grail soundtrack - Knights of the Round Table

I can only play the clarinet and the piano marginally well. I started playing piano in 2nd grade and the clarinet in 6th. Mostly I used the piano primarily for sight-reading my singing pieces since I was in choirs from high school till I was about 26. When I was in high school, I went through this Fantasia phase where I got a songbook and started playing whatever I could from there. I can play on piano bits and pieces from a few of the parts of the Nutcracker Suite, such as  Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, Beethoven's Pastoral Symphony, and Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor. 

Day 26 - A song I can play on an instrument: 1940 Fantasia soundtrack - Beethoven's Pastoral Symphony Pt. 1

Well besides Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor which I would love to learn to play on the  organ, I don't really want to learn how to play a particular song on an instrument. However, I would love to start voice lessons back up again once I am done with this pregnancy and my lung capacity is back to normal. I saw the opera in Florence, and got this version of the soundtrack conducted by Claudio Abbado shortly afterward, so it has a lot of value to me. It's still my favorite opera. When I'm really happy, I like to sing this in the shower, lol. I've always wanted to sing this song correctly with all the coloratura touches like in this version. 

Day 27 - A song I wish I could play (or in my case, sing): Rossini's Il barbiere di Siviglia (The Barber of Seville) sung by Teresa Berganza - Una Voce Poco Fa

No comments:

Post a Comment