Sunday, October 10, 2010

Quotes of the day

I collect funny, weird, romantic or insightful quotes. I've done this ever since I was an undergraduate. Most of them are book or movie-related, some are historic quotes from famous people. Since I have established Mondays as awesome website/blog day, I will make Sundays "share two cool quotes" day. So here's the first, in hopefully a long line of great quotes. The theme is on love. The first comes from the YA book series everyone loves to hate, Twilight, specifically from the second book, New Moon. This one is something Edward says to Bella:
  • “Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars—points of light and reason…And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything.”
The second will be from a totally different book genre and is the adult historical fiction classic Shogun by James Clavell. John Blackthorne, the main character, is getting a description of how Japanese women show their "love" to their men.
  • “We admire simplicity, so men and women can take pillowing for what it is: an important part of life, but between a man and a woman there are more vital things. Humility, for one. Respect. Duty. Even this ‘love’ of yours. Fujiko ‘loves’ you.”…”No she doesn’t!”…”She will give you her life. What more is there to give?

No comments:

Post a Comment